WELCOME TO FOUR WINDS NOWCASTING
0900 4WIND (0900 4 9463)
Four Winds is a "NOWCASTING" service aimed specifically at Auckland Windsurfers.
As opposed to forecasting which trys to predict what will happen, a nowcast reports on
what is happening now.
Fourwinds has wind anenometers mounted at the major
windsurfing locations in Auckland.
Access to Fourwinds is by a
pay-to-call phone number:
- 0900 4WIND (0900 4 9463).
The nowcast reports wind conditions every
10 minutes at a variety of major windsurfing locations in Auckland:
- Pt Chevalier
- Shoal Bay
- Tamaki Estuary
- Manukau Heads
The Four Winds Nowcast gives you:
- Wind speed (average and gust) and direction over
- Wind speed and direction for previous
- Tide height and times for the day
- All updated every 10 minutes,
24 hours a day